Wednesday, June 01, 2011

 

Death's Door

Two years ago, when I began receiving MediCal benefits, my physician had me evaluated by the physical therapy center of our local hospital. Based on that and my records for the ten years he'd been seeing me, he prescribed a course of treatments to manage my chronic back pain and low energy. Unfortunately, none of these are covered by MediCal.

Two weeks ago, MediCal sent me a letter informing me I can no longer see my physician of the last twelve years, and am now required to limit my medical care to the local community clinic. I suppose this is part of the plan to eliminate health maintenance for low income people, leaving them with only drugs and emergency room visits when they're on death's door.

Apparently, the choice we now have is between food, shelter and medicine. At present, I can only afford two of the three.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?