Sunday, May 15, 2011

 

Give It a Try

Life might seem overwhelming to anyone whose eyes have recently opened to the state of American politics. To those who are feeling hopeless or distraught, I say start where you live; your county, town, or neighborhood probably has others like you.

While I now contribute to international politics, helping people to be more effective in their corner of the world, I began my political engagement forty years ago with my block, and through interaction with others slowly acquired the skills necessary to affect positive change. Advising others, likewise, grew along with my experience.

With so much going wrong in the world, putting something right can change one's attitude and sometimes those of neighbors, colleagues and friends. When that convergence happens, it's amazing what you can do. Why not give it a try?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?