Saturday, January 01, 2011

 

An Interesting Journey

My New College of California cohort was part of the class of 2001, an illustrious gathering of poets and scholars engaged in remaking the world. 2011, being a traditional time to reconvene and reflect on our lives ten years after, may hold some surprises.

When the school closed in 2008 due to money-laundering by the board of trustees, other members of my former cohort chose not to participate in the alumni online discussions about our alma mater. To each their own.

Today, looking back on the path I took as a result of my graduate work at New College, I can see where my studies and subsequent publications were critical in elevating my status to formal participation in world affairs. I imagine others, likewise, have had an interesting journey.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?