Monday, October 20, 2008

 

Sufficient in Itself

When I fist began commenting on other people's blogs back in 2003, I started receiving queries about suggested reading and correspondence about the restricted world view of the medium. After considerable discussion with bloggers I then considered avant garde, I was persuaded to create my own learning house.

The key to convincing me to take that step was a reply to my protest that most of my archived writing was in an academic format. The reply was, "that is exactly what we need."

Since then, I have broadened my selection of formats and styles to suit different moods or frames of mind, but I find myself repeatedly called on to provide a scholarly argument -- consisting of articles, essays, papers and reports -- in order for correspondents to explore further the concepts raised in my posts and comments. For it is this deeper analysis, according to my readers, that bolsters their commitment to the causes we mutually support, and sustains their morale in difficult times. A reason that is sufficient in itself.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?