Saturday, May 10, 2008

 

Unceasing Desire

Three years ago I created Skookum in an attempt to meet people for social and political purposes, as well as to archive my own thoughts for future reference. I haven't been disappointed.

Generous souls like Seesaw in Sarajevo and Carlos in Lisbon actually went out of their way to post memorable photos of my personal requests, and I even located four distant cousins -- three in the US and one in Ireland -- who shared family history and photos I'd never known. I've also made several new acquaintances who've contributed much-appreciated comments on my writing and ideas. Occasionally, I stumble across mutual participants or keen observers from events deep in my past who offer the opportunity for me to put them into new, more meaningful perspective.

To all, I am eternally grateful, and look forward to preserving and developing these and other relationships made possible by the unceasing desire to communicate. Who knows what tomorrow might bring?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?