Sunday, May 11, 2008

 

Southern Cousin

I bumped into this Southern cousin two years ago. It seemed like a good day to introduce her as well.
Hi Jay,

I appreciate the trouble you went to in finding me. As I said
before I stumbled on the "Spartacus O'Neal" site and didn't
understand that "Jay Taber" was who I was looking for. I apologize.

Anyway, greetings to you. I'm always pleased to meet relatives and
meeting one from the "O'Neal" lineage is a first.

As for my research, I'm currently involved in the quite painful
process of finding my grandmothers. As you most likely know
women weren't stated on census' (or much of anything) before 1850
so I'm plugging along the "digging process". By the way, I didn't
have the ship list. Thanks! My O'Neal research has been stagnant
due to lack of info on my Grandmother Thana Dickey who married James
Benton O'Neal, brother to William, your ancestor. They married
sisters, Thana and Suzanna Dickey. I've a digital picture of
Suzanna's tombstone taken last Sept. in Ms. if you'd like me to send
it to you. I've family there still and enjoy a visit now and then.

Again, I appreciate you searching me out and I enjoyed your lineage
articles especially "Living with Ghosts". It's how I feel also. If
you've any info that you'd like to share it would be greatly
appreciated. Nice to meet you!

Teresa

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?