Monday, February 26, 2007

 

Counting Blessings

When I returned to college at age 48 to complete my BA, the present cabal had just hijacked the White House. The opening greeting to our cohort of returning adults by our octogenarian instructor, was that the things we would study that year--if appropriately applied--would serve as a shield against the coming psychological onslaught of a fascist regime recycled out of the Reagan cabal into Bush 2. By the time I received my advanced degree at age 50, the drumbeat to war was already in its 16th month, and the warnings of our former professor were then playing out 24/7 throughout the industrial media.

Learning how to protect our psyches from the imminent trauma foreseen by our mentor was a blessing I hope we've managed to pass on in some small way. If so, then all the effort was worthwhile.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?